Header

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 - The Year I Will

I don't believe in resolutions. I think they just set you up for failure. And once you fail you feel like its pointless to try to pick back up and try again.

So I don't have resolutions for 2013 but I do have goals.

 1)      Be more financially resposible.

     i.   Pay down our debt

     ii.  Stick to a budget

    iii. Be less impulsive with our money

 2)      Counter productive to #1 but take a babymoon with Joey. Without Jellybean. We need it. Our marriage needs it. Jellybean needs a weekend away from us before Jujube gets here. I'll find something inexpensive and sometime in February we will go and we will enjoy it. Even though I'll be sick with worry half the time!

 3)      Make more time for myself. Even if its by force. It may just mean going to Starbucks for an hour. I went to Panera on my lunch break a few weeks ago and just ate and relaxed by myself. It was divine. I need more of that and less of trying to do it all.

 4)      Make our marriage a priority everyday.

       i.   Joey works out of town a lot and a lot of overtime. It seems like weekends are the only time we can get anything done. By doing it all on the weekends we lose time for each other.

       ii.  This month I will declutter our entire house one way or another. Creating less work for us and more time for each other.

      iii. We've started Saturday night "family" date nights on the couch. We make a special dinner we really want – steak, crab legs, etc. We enjoy it and then pull the sofa bed out, pop some popcorn and lay on the couch and watch a movie as a family. Jellybean fall sasleep in the first half hour and then its just us. Enjoying each other. We need more of that.

5)  Find a new job. I need something that pays better. Hopefully closer to home. With more flexible hours or better PTO. My sister keeps urging me to look into HR/recruiting since many times you can work from home and it pays well. With my background in marketing it may be a good fit for me. I need to do my research.

 

1 comment:

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Sounds like you've got a good plan and you've out it in writing so you can keep referring to your post for motivation! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...