Header

Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Revolt began...


Anyone who has a cat as a pet knows that the sayings "Dogs have owners. Cats have staff" or " You don't own your cat. The cat owns you. And the cat owns the house. You just pay the mortgage" knows that both statements are unequivocally true.

Well the revolt began in my house this morning. It came on out of nowhere. Meet your opponents:


Joey
vs.


Cadillac

Now - I don't have all of the details as the fight went down around 5am and I woke up around 6ish to cleanup the aftermath. I don't know what Joey did to provoke the revolt but.....it must have been a huge transgression like disrupting Cadillac's 23.5 hours of sleep per day or heaven forbid - not letting him into the garage.

All I do know is I was woken up at 5:30am to the sound of my house falling down around me. It literally sounded as if someone had dropped every kitchen plate, glass, bowl etc onto our tile floor. I decided I didn't want to deal with it yet and rolled over to snag another half hour of sleep. I vaguely remember Joey saying something like our animals re going insane as he kissed me and left for work.

I walked into the living room around 6 and realized that everything that is usually stacked on top of our tv - cable box, dvd player, photos, knick knacks etc was gone. My first thought was "Were we robbed?" Then I realized that maybe they would have taken something more valuable than the cable box and $20 dvd player so I peeked behind the tv.... and saw all 8,478 things from the top of the tv piled down there.

"Hmm...so that explains the noise..."

At this point Cadillac wanders out to watch me pick up each and every knick knack, electronic device, and on and on while licking himself and looking oh so innocent. After surveying the damage and noticing limited breakage I decided to let this one go...

but if it happens again I'm following through with my threat to bring a cute cuddly kitten into the house and making him compete for attention!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...