Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Quick Check in

Looks like I'm going to have to write blogs on the weekends again and schedule them throughout the week. This back to working momma has no free time during the week! I am amazed at those mom's that do it all and still have time to take care of themselves too!

I went back to work Monday. Worked a half day. Missed the booger like crazy all day long. Quite a few tears from Sunday night through Monday morning. Yesterday I worked a full day. We figured out that Jellybean is not going to take a bottle anytime soon. Hates them and wants nothing to do with them. Luckily the daycare is literally two minutes away so instead of pumping I drive over there every two hours to nurse him. My work is aok with it. It actually takes me less time to run over and nurse him then it does to pump. Pumping is a pain in the neck anyhow with the setup, process and then clean up. I still have an oversupply so I take at least half an hour to pump alone. Jellybean and I both benefit from getting to see each other throughout the day and he has been a very happy baby at daycare so far. If this arrangement keeps working with no separation anxiety I'll definitely keep it up.

So my schedule looks a little like this -

5am - Wake up for work, shower, get dressed, pack lunch, get Jellybean's stuff ready, quick snack for JB, then a diaper change and in the car seat
6am - Leave the house
6:30 - 7:20am - Arrive at daycare, Feed the Jellybean, give him his Zantac, and play with him for a minute
7:30am - Start work
9:30/10am - Feeding
12pm - Lunch break - Feed the Jellybean and play with him
2pm - Feed the Jellybean
4:30pm - Off work, Feed the Jellybean and finally head home around 5pm
5:30pm - Home! Start making dinner while Jellybean plays
6pm - Bathtime for Jellybean, then storytime while he eats and hopefully falls asleep. He also gets his Zantac again and his vitamins.

7pm - Eat dinner, hopefully relax. (I puled out the foot spa last night! Pure heaven - with salts too.)
8:30pm - Jellybean wakes up to eat and goes back to sleep
9pm - Bedtime for his momma since we're going to be up a few times during the night too!

I haven't figured out where I am going to do any chores in there yet or run any errands. All in due time. Joey's mom had been visiting the past few days so she has been washing dishes after dinner and helping out. I'm going to miss that when she goes home. My house is desperate for a real down and dirty deep cleaning. I may ask my mom to come do it and pay her for it that's how needed it is! I have a feeling my weekends are going to be quite busy until we settle into a routine.

So as you see - I haven't had a chance to read any blogs or write any. Bear with me and I promise I'll be back up to speed eventually. (Then I'll probably end up preggo again with Jujube (who will be a girl)  and my blog will fall by the wayside again.) Yes - even with a three month old I am planning more kids. I could live with about 10 or so - that's how much I love being a Mom. I think it was what I was destined to be!

I'm linking this up with -

even though its totally lame and pathetic as a PYHO. Then again, this is about as creative as I can manage at the moment!


Kim said...

I have to go back to work in june. It's my second so I'm not as devastated as I was with the first but still...it makes my heart hurt thinking about someone else looking after them for 8 to 9 hours a day. Adorable picture of your little booger:)

Sara said...

It was not lame and pathetic!! And it had adorable pictures scattered throughout!! He is the sweetest little thing :)

I'm glad that your work is so understanding- so many palces would not be. That's quite the busy day, and I wouldn't worry about chores any time soon!!

Shell said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you that your work is so flexible like that! I HATED pumping. It never really worked for me. And my kids weren't fond of bottles, either.

And p.s. I got pregnant with my second with my first was 8 months old- and yes, continued to nurse my first. :)

Anonymous said...

I totally identify with this. I went back to work after my son was born, before ultimately deciding I would stay home. But I remember well the days of that hectic schedule. It sounds like you're doing great--good luck!

Lindsey said...

I just went back to work myself. My baby is 3 though. It has been since...gosh...2001 since I worked in an office. There is no time. I am always tired. I can't imagine doing this and pumping too. Good luck!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

It all works out! These months are the hardest, but you get it down! Enjoy the JB!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...