Header

Monday, July 27, 2009

Happily ever after...

As my blog posts from June reveal – Joey and I were going through a really rough patch last month and it was really rough on both of us. Luckily when I got back from my trip to Houston we took the time to really talk to each other and sort through all of the stressors and other factors that were making us argue. It wasn’t easy – we both shed a few tears (along with a few laughs) but in the end we buckled down and decided on a plan of action. We agreed to talk about things that were bothering us and to take on everything “together”

Ever since then our marriage has truly been amazing. I quite honestly have to pinch myself to make sure I’m not dreaming. Joey has gone from this agitated, grumbly bear to the man I fell in love with in the first place.

I knew going into this that marriage wasn’t going to be easy but both Joey and I decided from the get go that divorce just wasn’t an option. Unfortunately both of us tend to fight dirty and we are learning to just back off after stating what we are upset about and coming back to it later. Now though – its like walking into a fairytale land in our house. The two things you will hear the most is “I Love You” and the sound of us kissing. Nauseating, I know but oh so true. The other really nice thing about this is that we willingly help each other out now. Our house is tiny and tends to get cluttered/messy quickly so we both need to stay on it to keep from letting things get out of control. But when we aren’t getting along we both slack just to spite the other person – now – we clean together , cook together, and actually (gasp) enjoy spending time with each other and with friends.

You know – I think we just might make it after all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...