Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I swear, I'm alive

So, there once was this girl who had very, very good intentions of starting a blog and keeping it updated. Then for some reason she decided to make 3 cross country trips in 2 weeks followed by a weekend with her nieces and realized her blog sucks now because of it.

Quite honestly since we left for Mississippi on June 26 my life has been a whirlwind. I've spent more time in a car, airport or plane than any person should ever have to. Since I know that no one wants a big drawn out entry to read through I will shoot you the highlights.

The Keys were hands down the best part of our summer. Joey and I were desperate for a vacation and this surpassed our expectations. We got to snorkel above a coral reef, Joey caught Blue Crabs with his hands, we canoed through the canals, spent time with family. Every moment was memorable and we definitely plan on returning. I'll upload the good pictures after I pull them off Joey's camera. My camera drowned while we were at Bahia Honda so....I'll be getting a new camera this weekend!

This is me getting licked by a Key Deer. They are tiny and oh so adorable!

Our gorgeous view!

The Monday after the Keys I had an appointment with my new Ob/Gyn and what an amazing difference it was from my previous Dr. He spent about 20 minutes talking to me initially. Got my whole history, asked a ton of questions and really got to know everything that was going on with me. Some of the reassuring things he told me were - technically it hasn't been a year we have been trying to conceive with no results.

It's actually 12 cycles without a result that they start to get concerned and due to my longer cycles I actually have another 6 months before they would start to worry. He said to continue with the OPK's and really pay attention to any changes with my body around that time. Since I had already scheduled an RE appointment he is not going to do any bloodwork. He saw no reason to run all of the same tests twice and said the RE I chose was really good. He thinks that she will probably just place me on some Clomid, if she'll do anything to just push my ovulation up earlier rather than CD 24. I was so happy with how thorough he was.

I was also there due to the cyst followup. He scheduled another ultrasound which I will do Saturday but he also did a pelvic exam - which my previous gyn did not do. He felt another cyst (or possibly the same one?) on my right ovary. Only about 2cm and he felt it was benign. I went ahead and asked him if he felt I could be polycystic since I still have the cyst or another cyst and he didn't think so. I don't exhibit any of the symptoms of insulin resistance. I weigh 98 lbs at 5' tall and my cycles are regular just longer. He said the cyst is probably just a byproduct of the longer cycles. Then he asked me if I had any other questions or if he needed to explain anything else. He must have spent an hour with me in total!

So the next day I flew out to Houston after a 3 HOUR delay at the airport for a food show. I finally made it to my hotel at 8pm. The next two days flew by as we were setting up for the show, attending the dinner, working the show (a 10 hour day!!) and then finally break down and a well deserved dinner out at Flemings. Friday saw me with more delays at the airport and an Olympic sprint through the Atlanta airport to make my connection. I finally got in and picked my nieces up to take them home with me for the weekend since I had been promising it for ages. My house was a complete and total disaster after leaving Joey there alone for 4 days. I wanted to cry when I saw it!

I had my Ultrasound Saturday morning which did show a cyst about the size of a grape. I haven't heard anything else from the Dr's office so we'll see what they say about it. I started the Fertility Blend and Dong Quai again in hopes that this gets rid of the cyst like it did last time. I went back to sleep when I got back home since the girls were still sleeping and then it was off to my mom and dad's for some pool and beach time. Once we got back home the girls and I did some crazy Libby Lou hair dos and rented a movie.

On Sunday we headed over to the Springs to celebrate my hubby's 31st birthday. Karolina and Shane joined us and we all had a blast. I had woken up early to bake him a cake and then picked up all the snacks and drinks for the cookout. Once we got to the springs Karolina and I realized the water was way too cold so I rented inner tubes and we floated on those so we wouldn't have to touch the water. Joey declared it was too cold to even get near and decided to man the grill instead. After that we went home, ate some cake, everyone left and Joey and I spent a few hours talking and really planning things out. Its taken Joey a long time to get comfortable with opening up to me and knowing he can count on me so each time we have these moments they are really special to me.

Monday saw me back in the office (Boo). Joey and I went out to dinner to celebrate his birthday that evening and then we crashed - hard. Yesterday was the hubby's 31st so we celebrated by... going grocery shopping and cleaning the house. Lol. There was Steak for dinner and all Joey did was mop and that was by his choice.

Today I will tackle a mountain of laundry and hopefully go to bed earlier.

Less than 2 weeks to our RE appointment! Woo Hoo!

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...