Header

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Still Trying to Conceive

So I haven’t posted too much about our trying to conceive journey on here lately. With everything else going on it just didn’t seem to be the time to talk about it. Last month was our first medicated cycle and I was very excited about it. I felt like we finally had a plan in place and it was going to solve everything. I was going to take this magic pill, my body would do exactly what it was supposed to and at Thanksgiving we would be sharing the great news. Unfortunately, that’s not what happened at all.

Complication # 1 – Moving.

The timing for the first medicated cycle could not be worse.

DEATH, DIVORCE AND MOVING HOUSE ARE SAID TO BE THE THREE MOST STRESSFUL SITUATIONS IN LIFE.


Guess when I started my meds – three days into our move. No joke – I had no clue where my toilet paper, clothes, or clean sheets were but I sure as heck knew where my Femara was. I am not a low key person in the first place. During the moving process I flipped my lid 873654876458746 times. Real conducive to baby making Diana, real conducive.

Complication # 2 – My body working with the medication


So the whole idea behind me taking this little pill was that it would shorten my cycles up and make things work quicker as that was all we found that was not optimal for the babymaking. So for most people you pop the pill and by CD 14 or so you should ovulate and all is on track. Well my body does not work like most people’s. I took this pill and ended up with my longest cycle EVER! 45 days – I didn’t ovulate until CD 30. I also experienced every side effect possible – hormones up and down, headaches, hot flashes. Yeah, it was a fun ride. God bless Joey for putting up with me.

So that brought us to the NEW PLAN. A new cycle has come and on Friday I will go in for an ovary check. As long as Mr. Cyst has not shown back up we will start on medication again. Since I am paying for all this out of pocket I will be switching to Clomid this cycle rather than the Femara. The difference in price is pretty substantial and we have to keep in mind our normal expenses too. We will also add a trigger shot (Ovidrel) this cycle which will make sure I ovulate. They will do a follicle scan around CD 10 or so and from there I get stuck when the follies look big enough and we have a guaranteed shot at getting a sticky bean.

Is it a lot to take in? Yes.

Are there any guarantees? Unfortunately – no. I’m just starting this crazy adventure and I truly think we are on the right path here. We have to figure out what works best for my crazy body and that doesn’t happen overnight.

In the meantime I am going to take joy in celebrating my 27th birthday on Saturday with my lovely hubby at the Magic Kingdom and taking it day by day. That’s all you can do right now. That’s all you can do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...