Header

Thursday, May 26, 2011

My life..with the Grouch

Wait - before you read any further! Have you voted yet today? That’s right you can vote EVERY day! Jellybean is a finalist in the weekly photo contest for Parents.com and he needs your vote! Could you please take a minute to vote for him and ask a friend to do the same? Thanks in advance!


If you are visiting me from one of the zillion blog hops I have decided to do today – Welcome! I’m Diana, Married to Joey and mom to Jellybean. I use to be really good at this blogging thing and then I went and had a baby. Now it seems I lack both the brain power and time to regularly churn out blog posts worthy of reading…Sigh… I’m working on it though. Anywho I’m glad you are visiting and hope you stay awhile. Make yourself at home, poke around a bit and feel free to ask if you find anything amiss!

I mentioned earlier this week that I had been staying at my sister’s house since Friday. Joey was repainting the house and tackling a few other projects so we figured Jellybean didn’t need to be around all the dust, fumes and mess. There was another reason too though. He finally started medication to deal with this. And has been a grizzly bear for the past few weeks. Ornery, moody and just downright unhappy.

I needed a break from it and he thought it would be a good idea too. I figured after being gone for 5 days things would be better.

WRONG!

Apparently this process is going to take awhile. We aren’t even two weeks into it yet so I need to be patient but man is it hard. Right now I try not to talk to him too much since everything is a fight. He hates that he’s like this right now and is working on it but these things take time. To be honest y’all – I’d love to just run away to my sister’s house until he has everything wrapped up in a pretty bow and its all better. I don’t have the energy to deal with everything else on top of work and taking care of Jellybean. He’s not in a good enough place yet to be able to really help me out as much as I needed so I feel stretched so thin in every direction.

I came home yesterday expecting the house to be finished and put back together again and it wasn’t. I almost cried. No sheets on the beds. Stuff stacked in Jellybean’s playpen. Everything piled up in the middle of the dining room.

When exactly am I supposed to get around to putting my house back together again? I was having enough trouble just keeping up with daily chores. Now this.

Ugh.

I think I may just be ready for my first adult beverage in a year. With an umbrella. Frozen and fruity.

 Source: Stockfood.com

Who’s meeting me for Happy Hour?




8 comments:

Shell said...

Drink up, girl! Souds like you need it!

Heather said...

What an endeavor all around!!

I hope you have fun at your sister's and save up some energy for what is ahead!

Nice to meet you. Glad you linked up today.

Anonymous said...

I am with Shell. Good luck.

PS - I am following you back

Katherines Corner said...

Hang in there! Hugs

Angela said...

Hope things start to get better soon. Thanks for following Mommy Time Out

S.I.F. said...

Uggg! Friend, I am so sorry you guys are having to deal with this little rough spot right now! Hopefully he is back to himself in no time... Thinking of you!

Helene said...

It definitely sounds like you could use a stiff drink!! I'd love to join you....LOL!!!!

Hope things get better soon!

Oh and I voted!!!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Yes, enjoy that drink! I have come home to a home like that and know how hard it can be- especially with a baby! Here is hoping it is all back together for you now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...