Header

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Laying Low

I could have posted over the weekend. I had ample opportunities. Jellybean surprised me and took a three hour nap on Saturday.

So I read a book.

Painted my toenails.

Ate hot food.

RELAXED.

Then again I could have posted Tuesday night when Jellybean fell asleep at 6:15.

I made us dinner.

Did some laundry.

Washed the dishes.

I could get use to this.

Not that its been all fun and games. Jellybean has also started teething with a vengeance. I feel bad for the squirt but alas thats a part of life. Also up until last night my house has looked like this - 



We finally put the floors down in the living room last night. Then I got worried since Jellybean is a rolling, trying to crawl machine now and laminate laid on concrete is hard.

Luckily, I found this at Diapers.com and ordered it right away!
Honestly, is that not the coolest thing ever? I mean a Wood grain playmat? It is a perfect match to our floors too and now I'll be able to set Jellybean down and not worry about him busting his head open as he rolls, scoots and screams himself across!

Next on our list is FINALLY buying new couches. If you've been following me for awhile you know this is BIG NEWS. I have been waiting on new living room furniture for over 2 years now. Every time we were ready to purchase it something more important came up so I lived with what we had. My time has finally come.

And the couches I really wanted have been discontinued.

So on Sunday, we are going furniture shopping.

With two nine year old boys and a five month old.

This is going to be fun.

I may bring a flask.

I'm going to need it.

That's really all I have going on right now. There are still all those chores that I keep neglecting. The $200 million I didn't win in Powerball.

But life in general? Its pretty good.

5 comments:

Sara said...

I feel your pain on the new furniture front. When they delivered our new couch, I almost cried. I'm glad you were able to get some "free time" you do what you wanted/ needed to do :-)

Niki said...

Good for you for finally getting your new living room set. You need to do some things for yourself sometimes!

MommaKiss said...

Thanks for coming by - and for offering such good advice.
As for you reading during a nap time? That's priceless! Way better than blogging.

Shell said...

Take those quiet moments and enjoy them!!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Y'all have been productive over in your neck of the woods. Good for your for taking a little time to pamper yourself... we forgive you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...