Header

Thursday, June 10, 2010

It was nice knowing ya...

So, we finally got the information for my 10 year reunion last night. I went to a school in Daytona Beach, where my parents still live and I visit almost every weekend while trying to avoid half the people I went to school with. Get ready to laugh hysterically when I tell you how much they are trying to charge per person for the event only. Are you ready? Are you sitting down?


$125 per person


Outrageous, right? They have also made it a three day event. Three days!!! As much as I would like to catch up with everyone $250 for a weekend in Daytona is ludicrous to me! I can do that for free - anytime I want to. The previous year's class reunion was $50 per person. Much more manageable. I mean most of us have spouses, kids, mortgages, car payments etc. I don't know many who have money like that to just blow. We all reacted pretty quickly and strongly and set up an "anti-reunion" for those of us who aren't quite in this financial bracket -

The event will be free and held at a former classmates house. Thank you, Nancy! It feels as if the organizers are completely out of touch with the state of the economy and people's finances right now. I have a baby on the way so there is no way I can justify the expense. What am I supposed to say to the kid? Sorry you don't have a crib but Mommy and Daddy had to go to Mommy's high school reunion so this dresser drawer is all you get?

So kudos to classmates banding together and finding an alternative so we can still catch up! Some of us still aren't on Mommy and Daddy's never ending bank roll and just can't afford the expense.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

CRAZY!!! Wow, I would do the same thing. I can't believe they are expecting people to pay that much.

Shell said...

That is crazy! Glad that you found an alternative!

Letherton said...

thats ridiculous

I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
I have lots of great giveaways going on.
Thanks :)

ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...