Header

Monday, November 29, 2010

A few of my favorite things

I really, really wasn’t ready for this Monday to come. Four day weekends make me incredibly lazy. As in I dreamed of winning the lottery all weekend so I wouldn’t have to go back to work on Monday. (Things are not looking promising for me wanting to return to work after maternity leave here….) Since I failed to even buy a lottery ticket – I did drag myself to work today after all.

As I mentioned previously Joey and I split up for Thanksgiving this year. He went with his family and I went to my parents. I actually had a wonderful time just chilling with my folks. Joey helped his uncle string up Christmas lights and didn’t get home until around 11pm. So then he slept ALL DAY on Friday. I’m not kidding you when I say ALL DAY. I left the house after 4pm to have dinner at my parents again since my sister was going to be there with her kids and he was still in bed. Since he never actually gets vacation and it was a rainy, dreary kind of day – I only bitched half as much as I usually would.

Saturday we managed to be somewhat productive after a lazy start to the day. I finally managed to get him moving and out the door around 3pm. We hit up a few stores for some grocery essentials and Christmas lights. Then I guilt tripped him into putting our lights up on the house since he helped his uncle put his up! (It worked!) We realized that we didn’t have quite enough lights since this house is bigger than our old one so we stole the lights we usually put on our tree. He crawled around the attic getting everything down and still forgot a bag so he’ll be shuffling back up there later this week. I also started decorating the inside of our house for the holidays. I have a few favorite decorations that always give me the warm fuzzies when I put them out.



There’s these snowmen my niece and nephew made me ages ago. As in before they were even in school and now they are middle schoolers!

This Santa has quite a history with Joey and me. We may have tortured him a few times since he tends to fall over.


This little Santa is just the cutest thing with the way his feet hang down...


I love the fact that our windows are just made to trim for the holidays!


And who can resist decorating the mantle?


We are going to get our tree on Friday and I’ll probably thrift a bit this week to add to our decorating stash. Best of all – Jellybean will be here to spend next Christmas with us!

Have you started your holiday decorating yet? What are you looking forward to?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow 4pm...that's late! I so wish I could stay in bed until then. Not asleep cause I could never do that, but hang out in bed...heck yeah!
I like drunken Santa!

Anonymous said...

I started decorating, Im still not done though. I need to get a tree, debating on whether to buy a fake one or get a real one...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...