Header

Friday, September 21, 2012

You Take What You Can Get


Sometimes, you take what you can get.

My major accomplishment for this week?

I managed to get most of the dishes washed.

And on Wednesday night. I went to bed at 8:30pm.

It was glorious. Glorious I tell you! I heard angels singing. (No, wait. That was a thunderstorm. But Jellybean went down without a fight and I decided. Screw the chores. I’m going to sleep! So I did. With Jellybean snuggled up to me all night.)

My meal plan for the past week?

I’ll give it a 50% success rate.

Preggo and meal planning? A tough chore. Sometimes I don’t have an appetite. Other times what I made just didn’t sound good anymore. The complete lack of energy doesn’t help either. Also, I miss lunch meat. Greatly. Especially since JB loves it and will eat it in front of me constantly.

So the recap –

Friday – Successful all three meals
Saturday – Breakfast was a fail. Joey ran out and got McDonalds as soon as we got up. Who am I to complain?
Sunday – Lunch was a fail. Jellybeans nap was all screwed up and I went grocery shopping at a wonky time so he had a lunchable and I picked up food while we were out.
Monday – Pregnancy brain hit me hardcore. I forgot Jellybean’s Quesadilla in the freezer. I couldn’t stomach Tuna so I had soup instead. Dinner at least was yummy and Jellybean actually ate a Fair bit of it.
Tuesday – I made all the meals I had listed. I didn’t want to dinner at dinner time though. Jellybean ate a little of it. Then he had a massive attack of whiny butt and refused to go to sleep. So we shared a Kashi Pizza at 9pm and he was happy again. Passed out afterwards too!
Wednesday – I had pancake Bites I made on Sunday. Jellybean ate some yogurt and then had day care at breakfast over his egg. No hard feelings. We both ate leftovers for lunch and they were quite tasty.
Dinner was a massive fail. I had no desire for either meal I planned or energy. We had Grilled Cheese, Baked Potato and Peas and Carrots instead. Jellybean had some ham slices too.
Thursday – Jellybean had the pancake bites and I had cereal. Jellybean insisted on a turkey lunchable so I sent that along with half a baked potato and some peas and carrots. I brought soup for lunch but ended up not wanting it. (Thanks Jujube, so I picked something up while running errands at lunch) Dinner was a fail too as we bought dinner out since we decided to have an evening park play date with our mommy group.

So you win some, you lose some – Onto the next week!

Friday –

Breakfast – JB – Oatmeal
                        Me – Whatever I can stomach
Lunch – Leftovers
Dinner – Tomato Bacon Pie

Saturday –

Breakfast – Crepes with yogurt and fresh fruit
Lunch – National Gymnastics Day Event – Lunch there
Dinner – Ziti, Broccoli

Sunday –
Breakfast – Eggs, Biscuits and gravy, Fruit
Lunch – Pigs in a Blanket, Mac N Cheese, Fruit, Carrots
Dinner – Chicken and Noodles (Freezer Meal)

Monday -
Breakfast – JB – Waffles, yogurt
                       Me - Cereal
Lunch – PB&J, Fruit, Chips
Dinner – Chicken StirFry with Quinoa – That way even if JB doesn’t eat the chicken he gets protein from the Quinoa!

Tuesday -
Breakfast – Hashbrowns, Sausage, Eggs
Lunch – JB – Meat and Cheese Rollups, Carrots, Fruit, Crackers
                Me – Soup and Salad
Dinner – Potato Soup, BLT’s, Sweet Potato Fries

Wednesday –
Breakfast – Hardboiled Eggs, Bagel (Me), Toast (JB)
Lunch – Leftovers from Sunday lunch
Dinner – Tortellini, Roasted Carrots, Garlic Bread

Thursday
Breakfast – Bacon Biscuits
Lunch – Dinner leftovers
Dinner – Kielbasa, Onions, Potato Pancakes, Fresh Cut Veggies

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...