Header

Friday, January 29, 2010

Chocolate BonBon Pops and Marriage Confessions

As I’ve mentioned a few times before – I have a little blog that I love to read. Katie over at Confessions of a Young Married Couple amuses me constantly. Her writing makes you laugh, think, and empathize. Her blog is what I wish what mine could be if I ever get my ass in gear and actually spend some time on it. Until then I live vicariously through her blog and wish I could be like her!

One of the things that amuse me the most about Katie are her adventures in the kitchen. Like the time she made cupcakes or her attempts at pumpkin pops - not once but twice! Yup - she's not much of a Suzy homemaker.

So last night as I was preparing dinner, (Fried chicken, mashed potatoes (with sour cream and cream cheese mixed in..mmmm), and greens beans and squash - that Joey added an entire package of bacon to), I decided to start thumbing through my recipes and I came across these Chocolate Bon-Bon Pops from Better Homes and Gardens.




I immediately thought of Katie and how perfect this recipe would be for her after the failed Pumpkin Pops. It's no bake. A couple whirs of the food processor, some mixing, shaping and melting. I think she could do it. So I'm sharing the recipe with all of you -


Ingredients

* 18 chocolate sandwich cookies with cream filling (or Oreos to the rest of us!)
* 1-1/2 cups pecans, toasted
* 2 Tbsp. orange liqueur or orange juice
* 1 Tbsp. light color corn syrup
* 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
* 20 lollipop sticks
* 1 12-oz. pkg. milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate pieces
* 1 Tbsp. shortening

Directions

1. In large food processor bowl combine cookies and 3/4 cup of the nuts; pulse until cookies are crushed. Add orange liqueur, corn syrup, and cocoa powder; process until combined. Add remaining nuts; pulse until coarsely chopped.

2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape cookie mixture in 1-inch balls. Place on baking sheet, insert a lollipop stick, and freeze for 30 minutes.

3. In a small saucepan combine chocolate pieces and shortening. Cook and stir over medium-low heat just until melted. Remove from heat. Dip pops in chocolate. Return to baking sheet. Loosely cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is set. If using liqueur, flavor will mellow after a day or two. Makes 20 pops.

4. To Store: Place in covered container; refrigerate up to 1 week.

I'm going to attempt these this weekend and will be the most favorite coworker ever on Monday if I succeed. The forecast calls for rain all day tomorrow so other than sleeping and some blood work this is all I have planned for the day. I cleaned last night and am finishing laundry today to make sure my do nothing all weekend plan is a success.

Do you have any fail proof baking recipes to share? Does your husband also add entire packages of fat laden meat to vegetables negating any nutritional content they may have had? Let me know!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...