Header

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mish Mash

This entry will be a mish mash of sorts as its been forever since I updated. Our Christmas went by relatively well – not without any hitches but overall well. We spent Christmas Eve with my family at my sister’s house – I had the day off and Joey only worked a half day. We both raced around last minute to buy gifts and such since the whole home owners insurance debacle seriously drained our finances. I attempted to get my baking done but between Joey and the dog eating the fudge it didn't quite go as planned. We got some great presents - I bought Joey a two month membership at the MMA School, he bought me my pea coat and ate way too much food. Christmas morning we got up at 4:30 and headed to Mississippi to pick up Joey's son. It was a whirlwind of driving, work, more driving and stress all around for the next week. I ended up working from home Monday in order to recover from my drive. I was actually trying to take a vacation day but that didn't quite work out as I had planned. Blue was also intensely spoiled by my parents while we were gone and was depressed the whole ride home after I picked him up!

My personal New Year's resolution was to start taking better care of myself. I haven't been eating as healthy as I like too, I haven't been exercising as much as I want, I don't get enough sleep and I have way too much stress. Yep - it was time to give myself a kick in the butt! So after my unsuccessful day off Monday I marched myself to the grocery store and stocked up on some healthy options. I have had a long standing battle with oatmeal. I know it's good for me and I need to eat it but to me it always tasted like paste. I picked up some oat bran instead and lo and behold - I prefer it so much over the oatmeal! Success! Hopefully I can stick to this resolution.

We've also been in the midst of a pretty intense cold snap here in Florida. The temperature has been below freezing in the mornings for about a week now and we have a chance of snow flurries tomorrow. -Crazy, I know!- So that's my quick mish mash update. I am slammed at work with my favorite activity AC Nielsen's so as soon as I wrap those up I'll work on a real post!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...