Header

Sunday, February 7, 2010

We be stylin...

This weekend wasn't quite as unproductive as last. Groceries have been bought, laundry is done, I dusted, swept, vacuumed and amazement of all amazement's - Joey is finally doing the maintenance on our cars. Only 3 months late!

We felt like doing something last night so our first attempt was to call around and see what all of our friends were up to...after that was a total bust I begrudgingly agreed to go see Avater with Joey. I was well prepared to not like the movie and suffer through 2 1/2 hours. I was appeasing myself with the promise of movie theater popcorn. We got there and shelled out the $30 for two 3-D tickets, a large drink and regular popcorn. Joey proceeded to devour all the popcorn and a large order of nachos with jalapenos. (This was the first time he had an appetite in weeks!) Honestly, I didn't care at all. The movie was amazing. I was riveted throughout the entire movie. The special effects, storyline, just everything was so well done. I was pleasently surprised to have enjoyed it so much. We decided to not be green and keep our stylin 3D glasses. I conducted an impromptu photoshoot when we got back home.
 
Joey says he's wearing these at work!
 
 
I think I look like Urkel here!
 
 
God bless our future children with parents like this!

All in all it has been a great weekend. We really enjoyed getting to spend some quality time together since we really didn't see each other much all week. I had a stomach bug at the beginning of the week and Joey has been out of town working on his Uncle's truck the rest of the week. We really can tell when we don't get a chance to reconnect and spend time with each other since that is when we start to nitpick and get crabby with each other. Probably not the best way to show you are missing each other but we both have difficult personalities to say the least!

This week should be calmer and I hear we may be going to see the BIG race next weekend! I have lived in the Daytona area since 1991 and I have never made it to a race so I am really hoping it comes through! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...