Header

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

5 Days


 In 5 days, Joey and I will have been married for 2 years. I can honestly say the time has flown by. I use to think that at some point I would regret how quickly we pulled off our wedding and the fact that it wasn't as grand as I had fantasized about.

I was wrong.

I am eternally grateful that we did pull our wedding off when we did. The scare with my dad and the hospital made me so happy that I did get to have my Dad walk me down the aisle and share a dance with me. I hate to think of missing out on that. Being married has been the reason for toughing through some of the hard times in our relationship - you don't say for better or until I don't fell like dealing with it anymore. Sometimes the worse parts really suck but you get through it - somehow.



On our way to our getaway last weekend we had to stop by Joey's Uncle's house, who married us, and lives behind the church we were married in. As we pulled up to the church I said to him - Do you want to get married again? Just seeing the church gave me so much joy from the wonderful memories we had. I honestly would not change a thing about our wedding. It was small, intimate and shared with those we loved the most. Joey and I only had eyes for each other throughout the ceremony and I honestly don't remember anyone else being there.


I hope that God graces us with children soon and that we continue to grow and develop as husband and wife. I look forward to another 50 years or so with him and plan to love every minute of it.

4 comments:

Shell said...

Happy anniversary! Make the most of the kid-free time in your marriage. :)

Nike Athena said...

Wishing you a happy anniversary! The first two years fly by but are so full of memories.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! We hit our 1 year mark this August. :) The photos of your big day are wonderful!

Sugar Bear said...

Happy Anniversary!! Enjoy each other.

p.S My word verification was "pullhot"

lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...