Header

Thursday, July 28, 2011

PYHO - Mrs. Crabbypants


I had a million ideas running through my head about what I should write about this week. That pretty much sums up my life lately though. There seems to be a million things going on around me at work, home and everywhere in between. Its been a little hard to catch my breath lately but I’m keeping my head above water – somehow.

I tried to write this post yesterday. I had meetings at work from 8:30 until 12:30. Then I fed Jellybean, came back to the office and had two more meetings. Finally it was time to head towards the home. I ran by the house, grabbed a check I'd been waiting on out of the mail box and hightailed it to the bank so I could avoid bouncing our account. I finally walked in the door at home around 5:45pm. Jellybean was starving so the first order of business was to feed him. Then he wanted to play. Between playing with him, feeding him, bathing and all that I was exhausted. It was definitely a Pizza night.

I mentioned that to hubby and I guess I was short when I said it. He asked what my problem was and I said - I'm tired and I'm in a bad mood because of it. Well if I talked to you that way you'd say I was being an ass. I am being a bitch. I admit it. I'm exhausted. I had a rough day. Then he kept picking at me even though he knew I wasn't in the mood for it.

I walked away and gave Jellybean his bath.

Then his nebulizer treatment.

Then I ate my pizza and went to bed.

At 9pm.

Without actually getting in a fight with the hubby.

Sometimes the key to success in marriage is just knowing when to shut the F up. Last night was one of those nights.

I feel better today.

And I'm not even mad at him. Because I know I was the one who was a crabby pants last night. So there's no reason for me to be mad.

Damn, when did I learn to be mature?

This post is linked up with Shell as part of Pour Your Heart Out Wednesdays.

2 comments:

Shell said...

Definitely smart to know when not to push it!


Hope today is better for you!

Renegades said...

Avoiding a fight is often in my opinion a win.

Good job to you for knowing when to just let it go and go to bed.

Hope the rest of the week is better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...