Header

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

ICLW - My story

First off - If you are visiting from ICLW - Welcome and thank you for stopping by!

Now on to my story. I can honestly say I never expected to be writing this note just shy of 12 weeks pregnant. I stopped birth control in July of 2008 and waited...and waited. In April of 09 I had a humongous cyst that luckily resolved on its own - but in the process I also made the decision to switch to a different Ob/Gyn after not getting the level of service I felt I should. (Best choice I ever made!) In July of 09 I made my first visit to an RE (worst decision I made as far as RE's go), we went through all of the usual testing and everything came back clear. I tried a cycle of Femara - which didn't work for me at all. I had a 45 day cycle and didn't ovulate until CD 30 followed by a cycle of only 25 mg of Clomid and a trigger shot which was also a bust. After spending all of that money at the RE with poor results and realizing that I kept getting pushed into more invasive procedures without exhausting our less invasive and expensive options, I decided to take a break in medicated cycles from Dec 09-Feb 10.

In February of 2010, I had my Ob/Gyn start me back on Clomid. I did two cycles at 50mg without success. In there my father was also hospitalized for over a week and spent 5 days in the ICU - that may have had something to do with that cycle not working. I started to get really discouraged and searched out a new RE. I made an appt with that RE for May 25 and in the meantime my amazing doctor bumped me up to 100mg. I was convinced our cycle hadn't worked again and was preparing myself for possibly doing an IUI or ultimately IVF.

On our trip to pick up my stepson in Mississippi I had heartburn the entire way there. Completely out of the ordinary for me but I didn't think too much of it. Upon returning home and realizing I had my appointment coming up that Wednesday I decided to take a home pregnancy test that Monday night. To my utter shock - two lines actually showed up! I was in such disbelief I made Joey look at it too and then swore him to secrecy! After a digital and blood test confirmed it - I decided the test may just be right.

I am now navigating the fun and interesting world of pregnancy. Highlights so far have included puking up my entire dinner in the Chili's parking lot, watching my boobs get ginormous, and of course the NT scan. For those of you still struggling with IF - I feel for you and pray each and every one of you sees that BFP. For those of you who are preggo with me - oh what an adventure it is! And to those that are now parenting after infertility - I can't wait to join your ranks!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so exciting that you're close to 12 weeks! I can't wait to be there! Only 6 more weeks ah! Great blog about your story! Have a great week!

Justine L said...

Happy ICLW, and thanks for visiting me! Congrats on almost making it to the second trimester ... one day at a time! Hope you're feeling better soon. I had some nausea, but it seems to be subsiding (makes cooking dinner for the family pretty interesting!). Try carrot-ginger muffins from my blog ... they quell the nausea pretty well.

Jos said...

Here from ICLW - congrats on your BFP!! You give me hope that I'll get mine someday soon.

Beth said...

Here from ICLW! Congrats on your pregnancy! Clomid worked for me with my son and I'm glad it worked for you!
Beth
#148

Jos said...

Di - how did you decide how much progesterone cream to use?

Bethanie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Congrats on your BFP!
Bethanie ICLW #166

~stinkb0mb~ said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Hope motherhood is all you hope it to be.


ICLW
#41
http://www.themissruby.blogspot.com/
~ttc for 11 years
~8 miscarriages
~still chasing that elusive viable bubba

AL said...

Hey there, thanks for dropping by my blog :-)

Huge CONGRATS on your pregnancy!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...