Header

Monday, August 23, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - Clearing out and getting ahead

You can find out more about Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

It has been ages since I have participated in Menu Plan Monday. My checking account can reflect it since when I don't plan - I overbuy and my freezer reflects it too as it was bursting with meals and/or the fixings to make a meal. I do have one request to throw out there though. I have a ton of frozen beans - lima, butter, kidney. We bought them when my stepson was down and now I don't know what to do with them. Does anyone have some great recipes they would like to share with me so I can use them up next week?

My Menu Plan is going to go Sunday through Saturday since that is usually how I plan. I like to do my shopping on Sundays. Most of this weeks meals are being pulled from the freezer since it really needs to get purged and then replenished. I'll go into some quick breakfast and lunch plans below my dinner menu too.

Sunday
Pasta Bake (Rotini, ground beef and turkey, sausage, ricotta, mozzarella and spaghetti sauce)
Garlic Bread
Salad (I am addicted to salad's now that I'm pregnant)

Monday
Cajun Shrimp
Brown Rice w/pimentos
Asparagus (We buy most of our veggies frozen now so they won't spoil before we get a chance to use them)

Tuesday
Applegate Farms Uncured Hot Dogs (safe for preggos and they taste great)
Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Salad (Yes again!)

Wednesday
Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup
Grilled Cheese

Thursday
Beef Tips in gravy
Whole Grain Noodles
Broccoli

Friday
Fried Mahi ( I use this recipe but omit the sandwich part)
French Fries
Cole slaw
Mixed Veggies

Saturday
Chicken and Dumplings
Cornbread

After all that my freezer should be due for a restock. I'll probably make extra on our meals again for a week or two and be good to repeat the process. I'm making breakfast sandwiches for this week too. Hubby like his on toast, I prefer a bagel. So he will have turkey bacon, egg and cheese, or sausage egg and cheese and I'll have the same - hold the cheese. (yuck - can't do cheese with my breakfast!)

Lunches - I need to use up these Sandwich Pockets -


I bought last week so I'm going to cook up some chicken breasts and probably do a few Chicken Bacon Ranch sandwiches for hubby with that and maybe a roast beef sandwich or two for him in addition. We also picked up a couple of the microwaveable Campbell's Soup bowls since they were on sale at Target so the hubby can have those. His only other request is fruit. I'm going to take the rest of the frozen pierogies I have at least a day or two. Leftover salad is a big hit with me too.  I also have a few freezer dinners I need to use up so all in all I should be good to go.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...