Also - if you didn't get a chance to link up with Things I Love Thursdays the linky is still open. I changed the format a little so feel free to share about non-mom/baby related things too. New kitchen mixer everyone should have? Awesome blowdryer? Let us know what we're missing out on.
1) This week I learned that your child is going to break your heart.
2) You will carry him for 35 weeks (longer if you aren't carrying Jellybean who insisted on coming into this world early)
3) You will then spend two weeks constantly by his side while he is in the NICU and another 10 weeks at home. You will endure constant screaming due to reflux, marathon nursing sessions and being peed on.
4) Once you return to work you will go visit your baby at lunch every day because 90% of the time he refuses to take bottles so you instead have to nurse him.
5) As most mother's do, you will do 90% of the parenting and baby wrangling. Waking at night to feed the baby, waking up with him at the butt crack of dawn because he is ready to play, being puked on, etc will all fall into your hands.
6) In appreciation said baby will twist a knife in your heart when you least expect it and at 7 months old -
7) HE WILL SAY DADA FIRST!
8) Who me? Bitter? No, not at all.
9) I still say it was a question, like are you my Dada? You know, since he's been working weekends and late in the evening so Jellybean hasn't seen him all that much.
10) I think Jellybean realized the pain he caused me since he's been extra snuggly since saying THAT word.
11) We may have slept snuggled up together all night last night. I know we shouldn't but how do you say NO when your baby burrows into you, sighs and falls asleep peacefully?