Sunday, March 4, 2012

Quit Following Me Already!

See my title up there? If you are actually still reading this I'm truly surprised! I'm amazed anyone still follows my blog.

I suck at this.

This past week I sucked because once again I had to focus on that whole J-O-B thingy that pays the bills.


Why can't they pay me to blog? I'm AWESOME at that. You know when I have the time to do it.

I defintely don't get to blog once I'm home.

Because I'm dealing with this kid -

Oh the bruises and cuts on his head? Let's see one is from the fight he got into over a toy on Tuesday. Then on Thursday he decided to run into a table at 50mph at day care. He's no longer allowed to wear socks at day care and I'm pretty sure they slap a helmet on him as soon as I walk out the door too.
So - work sucked because I was dealing with a sales meeting again. I failed to mention that our sales meeting happens TWICE a year. TWICE a year we are all stuck in a room together for two days. 8 hours a day. Eating way too many desserts and then talking about many projects that will probably never come to fruition.
I finally managed to kill a project I have been working on for a year that was DOOMED to fail. Seriously - it was going nowhere fast and I was wasting time working on it. I totally rocked at all the reasons it shouldn't happen!

I also had a busy week outside of work. On Tuesday I met up with some other mom's for a nighttime meeting of a breastfeeding support group. It was supposed to be an hour long and I think I left after just under 3 hours.  That was pretty much the first time I just hung out with other mom's since Jellybean was born. I enjoyed every second of it. We are getting together agin tomorrow night and I can't wait!

Then Wednesday we were celebrating my sister's birthday at my parents house. She took me and Joey to go see the Zac Brown Band. Odd, I know that she was taking us out to a concert for her birthday but a friend cancelled on her so she had extra tickets. Lucky me. It was my first time leaving Jellybean for an evening. I was a nervous wreck. He on the other hand was fine. He had a blast with my parents and his cousins and slept like a rock.

In addition to all that I was taking Jellybean to the chiropractor to help with his ear infections. I was skeptical of it working but desparate to avoid tubes or more antibiotics. I'm now a convert and I honestly think it worked!

After all that I needed to relax. I was also dealing with yet another doozy of a F#@$ up from the hubby. That's a story for another day though.

So I spent the weekend playing with my Jellybean. I took a long nap with him this morning. Went to the park twice. Cooked an amazing dinner.

I feel refreshed. Ready.

I'm going to spend this week going through the 956 posts I have unread in Google Reader. (or maybe 50 of them.)

And hopefully - I'll post here once or twice too!


Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

Hey you are one busy mom. You post when you can. I love me some Zac Brown Band. They are from a town that is closed to us. Maybe one day my husband will take me to one of their concerts.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Girl! You have been busy! We will still be here, hating cheesecake with you!
And? Gotta love boys and their head bruises! My mom does daycare and always freaks out because boys bonk so much!

Julia Hunter said...

Sounds like a busy few days.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...