Header

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hellooooo Nurse or ICLW :)

Welcome to everyone here from ICLW! I’m so glad you decided to stop by. Hopefully once you get to know me you’ll still want to stick around! :)

So as of today I am 2 days away from being 21 weeks pregnant with our Jellybean – a baby boy. The journey to get here though was anything but slam, bam, thank ya ma’am!

I met my future husband in December of 2006. He was my mechanic and I had to break my car..twice.. to get him to ask for my number. All it took though was one date and we have been joined at the hip ever since. No really, his uncle predicted we would be married within a month of our dating. A year and a half later in May of 2008 we were. In July, I decided to go off birth control. My husband already had a daughter and a son from previous relationships but this was to be my first. So I figured it would take me a few months to figure out my cycles and then we would have a BFP. Nice idea in theory.

What I ended up with was two perfect 34 day cycles and then a 30 day cycle, a 43 day cycle. A 52 day cycle which revealed an ovarian cyst. A bunch of visits to the OB/GYN to monitor it. Switching OB’s when my ultrasounds were rescheduled..twice. Then the start of the RE process. After countless tests and a few thousand dollars we came away knowing dh had super sperm and I had long cycles with late ovulation. That’s it. I tried Femara, which was a bust. I had a 43 day cycle and didn’t ovulate until CD 30. MY RE started pushing IUI’s immediately – even though we had only done one medicated cycle. I should have known then that this office was about the big money but I guess my want for baby blinded me. I tried a cycle of Clomid with a trigger shot. For some reason they had me only do 25mg and triggered me way too early. Another BFN. I decided to take a break financially from all the RE craziness.

I did two cycles of soy. Nothing. I went back to my OB who decided to try Clomid again, 50 mg to start. He felt my problem was being underweight. I tried to put on weight. First cycle BFN. Second cycle – my dad ended up in the ICU for 5 days. I took my pills all out of order and I’m not even sure I used OPKs. Not really a time you are in the mood. BFN = of course. We went up to 100mg of Clomid. I made an appointment with a different RE. I had no faith in the 100mg Clomid cycle. Then I had heartburn for the first time ever on our trip to Mississippi to pick up my step son. Weird. My appointment with the new RE was coming up on that Wednesday, May 26 so on Monday the 24th I decided to pee on a stick. To my shock two lines showed up. I peed on another stick the next morning, then a digital, then a blood test and a few more sticks along the way.

HOLY MOLY – WE WERE PREGNANT!

So now, here we are pregnant AFTER infertility. It is possible! I moan and groan along the way. I pop Zantac’s as if they are Tic Tacs. And I love every minute of it. I honestly and sincerely hope everyone reading gets to experience motherhood themselves one way or another. Don’t give up – whatever you do!

For my fellow preggos and new mommies – I’m doing an awesome diaper bag giveaway with The Purse Blogger. Go here for details and good luck!


I hope you all enjoy reading along with me.

7 comments:

Tylaine said...

That's awesome that things finally worked out for you. You are gonna be such a wonderful mom! That jellybean is very blessed and what a miracle!

Renegades said...

We also had a hard time getting pregnant with our first and included two doctors on our quest for a child.

Our second one we didn't even have to try for. :)

Have a fantastic day!

Danielle said...

Well congrats! Don't read my blog right now or you may want to change your mind. LOL, my daughter is 3 and wow, is she 3!
It is worth every second, so enjoy!

Kakunaa said...

Thank you for stopping by! Love love love your story :) I am definitely entering the giveaway once I fire up the computer! Happy ICLW and big congrats on passing your halfway point :)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Di, thanks for sharing your story. I am so happy for you!

Laurie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I look forward to reading more of your story.

Congratulations on your little jellybean!

Sarah said...

Congrats on your jellybean!!!

Sorry to hear about the heartburn, I have a horrible time with heartburn now before getting pregnant so I am scared of what it will be like when I do get pregnant!

Happy ICLW!!!
#100

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...