Header

Monday, October 12, 2009

"Not Me" Monday



Not Me Monday was created by MckMama -- It's an opportunity to get a little therapy for all those things you would never do, but did :) Click here for all the rules.


I did not get suckered into making grilled cheese sandwiches at 10pm on Sunday night for Joey and his friends and not even make one for me. This did not make me feel somewhat like a short order cook at a diner.

I did not accidentally get clocked in the nose Saturday morning by Joey as he was getting dressed. This was not because he was conducting an obscene dance move that I felt necessary to reach in and smack him for right as he was swinging his arms up in this fine move.

Saturday did not see me suddenly become a very, very active and vocal fan of Pop Warner football at the game my niece was cheering at. This was not because it was 95 degrees out and her team was about to tie it up in the last 3 minutes of the game which meant we would go into overtime. I did not start praying, crossing my fingers and casting magic spells that they would get the extra point because I did not want to spend another half hour in the sweltering heat. I also did not cheer like we had just won the Superbowl when they did score the extra point. Nope, not me.

I did not simply sweep dirt into the corners of my house this weekend and Windex my floors because I still have no idea where my dustpan and mop are. I would never take such a lackadaisical approach to house cleaning.

My dog did not escape out the front window again. My husband and I did not figure out after almost a month in the house that there is nothing electrically wrong with the flood lights in the back yard as we had long suspected and that it could not have been something as simple as burned out light bulbs. We would never be that dense and overlook such a simple solution.

And as always, one for the hubby. He did not get schooled by a bunch of 12 year olds on Saturday at Austyn’s birthday party and is not feeling his age now. His loving wife would also not be laughing at him every time he moans and groans.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...