Header

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Why it's the Great Pumpkin!

This post is overdue but with the drama of Thursday night I just didn't have it in me to post.

So my plan on Thursday night was to come home sit on my couch and not move...at all. I was exhausted and just not feeling it. There was a change of plans though when I walked through the front door and saw Joey on the couch with this...

Yep, the pumpkin we picked up the night before. Sigh. There went my plan for doing NOTHING.

You see, pumpkin carving is like winning the lottery for Joey. He loves trying to draw up the most terrifying jack o lantern he possibly can.


Then he brought home a special "pumpkin carving" tool from work and insisted that he needed a special box to keep this amazing tool in. (I offered him a very lovely shoe box that I would write "Pumpkin Carving Box" on. He declined.) So he got to carving



- due to my lack of precision I am banned from partaking in the carving. So Blue and I watched.


Finally, he was done carving. Can you tell he was proud of himself?


I do however get to be a part of the gutting!


Mmmm... yummy!


This was one of the ants that decided to bite me during the gutting process. Fire ants are clearly the higher species in Florida!

Then Joey needed to rinse it...and drop it in the sink while he was rinsing. :)


Finally - our Great Pumpkin was complete!





Yea, yea, Joey did a great job..blah blah blah..

For me it's all about - THE SEEDS!!! We started with this -



and ended up with -


Garlic and Herb seeds and Cajun seeds


Now I'm sitting here hoping that our pumpkin isn't so frightening that kids don't happen to show up at our front door. If that happened I would be forced to eat all this -

by myself.

We wouldn't want that to happen now would we?


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...