Header

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Still Newlyweds

One of the things Joey and I get asked most often is "So, how long have you guys been married?" The answer is almost a year and a half - to which we most often hear - "Oh, you're still newlyweds!" Yes, yes we are. We are still in that stage where it is exciting to be married and you look at that other person and just think how lucky you are to be married to them.



Being a newlywed truly is a magical time. In the past year and a half we have gotten to experience so many firsts together. We bought a car together for Joey, we bought our first house, we celebrated our first anniversary. For my birthday I'm taking Joey to the Magic Kingdom for his first time. All these events sure do keep life interesting and make our relationship stronger as we weave our family together.

As exciting as being "newlyweds" is I think what is more important to me is the things that don't change. It thrills me to no end that after three years of being together I still find Joey to be sexy as all hell. He still gives me butterflies, makes me laugh and turns me on. :) I love that at times it feels like we just started dating and the things that made us happy then still do now. I'm pretty sure he feels the same way too. Its so easy to fall into a routine and stop getting excited about the other person. You take your partner for granted or realize how lucky you are to have that person to come home to.

My goal is that twenty five years from now we hear people telling us that we act as if we are "Still Newlyweds" I hope that we never stop experiencing those "firsts" together. I know that we still have many firsts to look forward to from finding out we are pregnant for the first time to Joey's first trip to Ny or even Poland. I'm going to venture a guess and say that those couples that make it to that 50th and even 75th wedding anniversary understood the importance of those "firsts" that drew them closer together and just kept on finding them. I'm going to go start my list of firsts I want to experience with my hubby now...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...