Header

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The day my world stopped - Please pray for my Daddy

At 3:20pm on Tuesday my entire world came crashing down around me. My mom called me at work to tell me my daddy had had a stroke and was being rushed to the hospital. I tore out of work like a maniac, stopped by my house to change out of my heels and made it to the hospital. All in about an hour. From the time I woke up on Tuesday morning I didn't sleep again until around 10pm last night. Our world is going to be forever changed no matter what happens.

At this point he has had 4 mini-strokes or "tia"s. Basically his brain is not getting enough oxygen. His right carotic artery is 100% blocked and they cannot do anything to fix it. His left is between 30 and 50% blocked which they may be able to do surgery on. He has peripheral artery disease going on and a small blood vessel disorder  in the brain which is seeming to cause the strokes. Anytime his BP drops he has a stroke. The higher BP keeps profusion going to the brain which keeps him from stroking. His cholesterol was a 298. We as a family are staying strong for each other but we are all falling apart too. They will do a stress test on his heart today to check for circulation issues there. Currently he is stable and doing well but it is all so touch and go that you never know what the next moment will bring.

I am a firm believer in the glory and power of God and his capability to perform miracles like we have never seen before. I have been praying like a maniac since 3:20 on Tuesday and I know he has a whole army praying for him too. We all truly appreciate it. I know God is going to support him through all of this and can heal him. We just need to keep trusting in the Lord. I don't know when I will be able to get on again but I am updating on Facebook from my phone when I can. We love you all and please keep praying.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

I will pray for you & your father. I am so sorry to hear. Stay strong.
Courtney

Anonymous said...

I will pray for you and your daddy (and the rest of your family)

((hugs))

Wendy said...

I will say a prayer for you and your family! My mom had a 2 strokes a few years ago and it is scary. Keep us updated. I do believe in the power of prayer!!

Bethany said...

That must be so hard! I will be praying!

(just found you through another blog)

Leighann said...

Prayers for you and your family!

A GAL NEEDS... said...

I will definitely keep your dad and your family in my thoughts and prayers! You're going through a lot right now! Take care.

Jessica said...

wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad! Will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers!

Letherton said...

hope your dads ok...my dad had a huge stroke 2 months before my wedding so I can understand where your at

I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
Take a minute an check my blog out
I have lots of great giveaways going on.
Thanks :)

ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...